June 10, 2020
Whiting Assembly will resume indoor Sunday morning services on Sunday, June 14th. CDC and State protocols will be followed. To review the list of protocols click here.
GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING OF WHITING ASSEMBLY OF GOD
To all church attendee’s the Pastor and Board of Deacons and others have been working towards the day we will be able to reopen our church. In order to insure as much as possible that the COVID-19 virus is not transmitted from one to another we and our Governor have established certain guidelines that we are requesting all those in the service follow in addition the entire church has been cleaned with the proper products to provide a sanitary experience.
- IF FOR ANY REASON YOU AREN’T FEELING WELL STAY HOME
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS WILL BE TAKEN AS YOU ENTER THE CHURCH
- MASKS MUST BE WORN BY ALL. IF YOU DO NOT A MASK ONE WILL BE PROVIDED
- HAND SANITIZER WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE.
- BATHROOMS ARE OPEN, PLEASE ONE AT A TIME
- AT THE PRESENT TIME, PLEASE DO NOT BRING CHILDREN, FOR THEIR PROTECTION AS WELL AS OTHERS
- IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT TO ATTEND THE SERVICE INSIDE THE SANCTUARY PLEASE FELL FREE TO SIT OUTSIDE THE CHURCH WEATHER PERMITTING AND A SPEAKER WILL BE PROVIDED SO YOU CAN HEAR THE SERVICE
- ALL ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE GIVEN BY THE PASTOR FROM THE PULPIT AND NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED FOR THE PRESENT TO PROVIDE ANY ANNOUNCEMENT
- SINCE THE ACT OF SINGING CAN SPREAD WATER DROPLETS MUCH MORE THAN SPEAKING AS HARD AS IT MAY BE YOU ARE REQUESTED TO KEEP YOUR MASK IN PLACE. SING OR HUM, BUT FOR YOURS AND OTHERS SAFETY THE MASK MUST REMAIN ON.
- SEATING HAS BEEN LIMITED IN THE SANCTUARY DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING, USHERS WILL DIRECT YOU TO A SEAT. THOSE THAT LIVE TOGETHER IN A HOUSEHOLD WILL BE ALLOWED TO SIT TOGETHER. PLEASE FOLLOW THE USHERS DIRECTIONS AND DO NOT MOVE ANY CHAIRS AROUND UNLESS YOU ARE GIVEN PERMISSION TO DO SO. WE WILL ATTEMPT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR REQUESTS BUT DUE TO THE CONSTRAINTS PLACED UPON US BY THE GOVERNOR IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO MEET ALL YOUR DESIRES. WE ASK FOR YOUR CHRISTIAN PATIENCE.
- AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE SERVICE YOU WILL BE DISMISSED BY ROWS FROM THE PULPIT AND WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT SOCIALIZE BUT GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR CARS. THE USHERS WILL ALSO PROVIDE DIRECTION AS NEEDED.
12. COMMUNION PROCEDURES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED FOR YOUR PROTECTION. PLEASE FOLLOW THE PASTOR’S DIRECTION FROM THE PULPIT.
At this difficult time we hope you will understand that our desire is to provide a healthy experience for all and that we also have to comply with the directives of the authorities over us.
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
Pastor David Charlesworth
Deacons: Irene Mullen, Bob Rivera, Diane Smith and Rich Curtis
Pictures of the first Sunday parking lot drive-in service, May 17, 2020
May 15, 2020
Effective May 13th Governor Murphy is allowing parking lot drive-in services for churches. As a result, Whiting Assembly of God will be holding our first parking lot service this Sunday, May 17th at 10 AM.
In order for all to go smoothly there will be men from the church in the parking lot to direct you to a parking place so please give them your cooperation.
The church building will be closed, which includes the rest rooms.
No collection will be taken, so please continue to mail your tithes and offerings to the church.
Please stay in your car since we are still practicing social distancing.
After the service, please leave immediately to avoid the temptation to socialize with each other.
If the weather is bad, such as rain, the service will be cancelled.
May 10, 2020
With the stay at home order now in effect through the first week of June due to the Coronavirus pandemic, please be advised that all activities at the church will remain suspended indefinitely. Daily devotions will continue to be available on this website. In addition, we will be sending to our congregants via our call connect system devotionals for you to listen to. The church prayer chain will remain active.
March 29, 2020
With the stay at home order now in effect through April due to the Coronavirus pandemic, please be advised that all activities at the church have been suspended indefinitely. Daily devotions will continue to be available on this website. In addition, we will be sending to our congregants via our call connect system devotionals for you to listen to. The church prayer chain will remain active.
March 16, 2020
GREETINGS IN THE PRECIOUS MAGNIFICENT NAME OF JESUS,
IN ORDER TO ATTEMPT TO ADDRESS THIS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS, WE HAVE TAKEN CAUTIONARY MEASURES TO PROTECT OUR BODY OF SAINTS.
THIS DECISION WAS A PRAYERFUL YET DIFFICULT DECISION,
WE AS CHRISTIANS DON’T PARTICIPATE LIKE THE WORLD, WE LIVE BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT, WE HAVE AN ASSURANCE THAT THE WORLD DOES NOT ENJOY,
BUT HAVING SAID THAT THE LORD HAS GIVEN US THE POWER OF WISDOM, THE POWER OF A SOUND MIND, THE ABILITY TO PRAY AND SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES.
WITH THE LORDS GUIDANCE WE HAVE DECIDED THAT WE WOULD CLOSE OUR SERVICES AND ALL ACTIVITIES FOR A PERIOD OF TWO WEEKS. AS THE TWO WEEK SUSPENSION COMES CLOSER WE WILL REEVALUATE OUR SITUATION.
IN THE MEANTIME, DAILY DEVOTIONALS WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEB PAGE HERE ON OUR WEB PAGE AND OUR FACEBOOK PAGE DAILY. . IN ADDITION TO THAT WE WILL BE SENDING TO OUR CONGREGANTS, VIA OUR CALL CONNECT SYSTEM, DEVOTIONALS FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO. OUR BIBLE STUDY TEACHERS WILL BE CALLING THEIR STUDENTS, BRINGING ENCOURAGEMENT. OUR PRAY CHAIN WILL REMAIN ACTIVE, PLEASE CALL THOSE THAT ARE DESIGNATED. THE APOSTLE PAUL IN PHIL 4:6 TELLS US “DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING”. GOD HAS SOVEREIGN CONTROL OVER ALL OF HIS CREATION.
AS YOUR PASTOR, PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR EACH ONE OF YOU FOR GOD’S CARE AND PROTECTION
PASTOR DAVE CHARLESWORTH
Old Fashion American Style Picnic in Yoyogi Park, Tokyo, Japan October 13, 2018
The pictures below are from the homeless meeting in Yoyogi Park in Tokyo that Joe Parker and his wife Yuko minister to. Whiting Assembly of God gave them a donation for ministering to our joint Men's and Women's Fellowship meeting on July 21. They decided to use the money to have a old fashion American style picnic for the homeless in their ministry. From the pictures it looks like they all enjoyed it.
Opioid Epidemic - A Senior Concern September 10,2018
Whiting Assembly of God Upgraded to General Council Affiliated Status . . .
On Sunday, March 12, 2017 the church status for Whiting Assembly of God was upgraded from District Affiliated to General Council Affiliated. The former status is defined as a local congregation which has been brought into being as a result of a church planting and is still in a formative state in need of maturing.
The latter status is defined as a congregation which has matured to accept responsibility to self-govern and take full financial responsibility for the maintenance of scriptural order. We as a church body, for many years have been qualified for this upgrade. New Jersey District Council of the Assembly of God officially completed this requirement to become General Council status within the fellowship with a church meeting Sunday afternoon conducted by Rev. Richard Leksell who is on staff at the District office.
Nothing changes as to the functionality, responsibilities, both spiritual and financial of the church.
Rev. Richard Leksell (right) and church members